ECM solutions for Banking and Financial Services
In recent years, the banking and financial services industries have experienced dramatic shifts. Client expectations and servicing needs, coupled with new regulations, are pressing these institutions to leverage innovation to move beyond the ways of the past. Many institutions, in an effort to streamline operations, developed processes that managed clients as transactions and pushed them to use ATM kiosks and the Internet, departing from the friendly branch atmosphere of yesterday—and customer satisfaction has declined. Banks and other financial institutions are increasingly acceptant of the benefits compliance provides them, yet are challenged to find ways to respond to regulatory demands in a cost-effective and timely manner. And whether it’s customer requirements, regulatory compliance or discovery activities, there seems to be universal agreement that siloed technology architecture with its disjointed systems and standalone applications is a major obstacle to overcoming business challenges and having the capability to offer new services.
Key business requirements
Banking and financial service companies are discovering that using information beyond simple capture and business processing is the key to thriving. They need real-time access to actionable and quantitative information trapped in their content. ECM, rather than just managing their business information, can help them become more agile business entities so they can readily respond to the challenges and events that arise every day—and especially the needs of customers—while seizing new opportunities to move ahead. More and more, these companies are looking for ways to weave together ECM and core business processes to unleash new capabilities that will lead to welcome business benefits, including:
- Offering new, compelling banking products and services.
- Retaining existing accounts.
- Growing accounts and revenues.
- Serving the needs of baby boomers seeking financial advice and asset management, including ways to revitalize their diminishing nest eggs.
- Reducing costs.
- Minimizing operational risk and ramping up security by adopting a master content management strategy that can help establish and enforce company-wide standards for storing and managing data.
- Expanding cross-line-of-business sales.
How our next-generation ECM solutions can help
Our next-generation ECM solutions can deliver significant ROI, along with competitive and strategic value to banks and financial services companies by securing, managing and repurposing all forms of unstructured content. These solutions can help streamline and automate business processes to deliver trusted information to employees, customers and partners at the right time and in the right business context. They can:
- Improve customer service levels, expand customer service offerings and provide a balance between online versus in-person delivery channels.
- Streamline how information is shared and accessed across every business line enterprise-wide.
- Integrate processes and the flow of information across front-, middle- and back-office operations.
- Speed the pace of operations through intelligent BPM—increasing productivity while reducing costs and boosting bottom-line results.
- Achieve a complete, 360-degree view of the customer—through integrated data, content and processes—delivering a single version of the truth.
- Lower the cost of meeting regulatory compliance mandates while improving risk management.
- Scale enterprise solutions to meet the changing demands of customers, partners and employees.